ParboKagaj, a journal of film and media studies is solely dedicated to theresearchers and professors of interdisciplinary studies to publish scholarly articles on related subjects. It was founded by Sri Somnath Ghosh and first published in the Kolkata Book fair, 2014. Its purpose is to focus primarily on interrelated issues of Film and Media Studies, journalism and mass communication. This journal is also interested to publish high quality research works on the themes like social events, running cultural and political theories, movements, intellectual history, print culture and electronic media critically examined from both theoretical and practical perspective. Every research article submitted to the journal for publishing has to be strongly reviewed in peer-review process involving initial editor screening and final decision about publishing the article is taken by the editorial team of ParboKagaj.
In addition to research essays or scholarly articles ParboKagaj includes national and international seminars, interviews, talks on various subjects and themes related to the journal’s aim and purpose. ParboKagaj has been declared as ‘referred journal’ by Vidyasagar University in 2016 and by Presidency University and Netaji Subhas Open University in 2017. Few professors from various universities and colleges likeProf. AshokeRanjan Thakur (Former Vice Chancellor, West Bengal State University, Dr. VedabhyasKundu (Program Officer Gandhi Smriti&DarsanSamiti (New Delhi), Prof. ParthaRaha , Faculty of Film Studies, Calcutta University, Former general secretary , Film Federation of India), Dr . SumanapalBhikkhu (Editor of Nalanda(Buddhist, Cultural Journal), Mr. DebjyotiChanda (RabindraBharati University , as Chief Editor), Dr. B. Balaswanmy (Osmania University, Hyderbad), Dr.PallavMukhopadhay (West Bengal State University), Mr. Fr.LourduryLganacimuthy(Xavier University, Bhubaneswar), Mr.Alfarid Hussain (Assam University), Dr.Somak Sen (KanyaMahaVidyalaya, Dept of Journalism & Mass Communication), Prof. Sayantani Roy (Amity University, Madhya Pradesh), Mr. Sourav Gupta (Odisha Central University), Dr.DeepakUpadhyaya, (Tripura University, Central), Mr.SunanditChaudhury (Swami Vivekananda Institute of Modern Science), Dr.Sandesh Mahajan, Amity University Madhya Pradesh) have already joined and they have all become a part of ParboKagaj.ParboKagaj has already organized four national level seminars and one national level workshop. The details of the events are following.
1. 23rd September 2016: One Day National level Seminar on Mass Culture and Mass Media.
2. 5th November 2016: One Day State level Workshop
3. 1st april 2017: One day National Seminar on Religion, Secularism and Media in Indiaat Mahabodhi Society, Kolkata
4. 28th July 2017: One Day Natinoal Seminar organized jointly by parbokagaj and PanihatiMahavidyalya on Celebrity and Media
5. 11 November 2017 :Natinol level Seminar organized by in collaboration with Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute.
6. 16 December 2017: All India Journalistic Writing Competition at Mahabodhi Society.
(Upcoming National level Seminar on ‘From Print to Digital Media: Revolution and Opportunity at Women’s Christian College, Kolkata )
Some of the eminent Guests present in seminars and workshop:
1. Prof. AshokViswanathan, national award winning film director, SRFTI Kolkata
2. Prof. TapatiBasu, D.Litt., Dept. of Journalism, Calcutta University
3. Actor Dhritiman Chatterjee
4. Prof. BasabChaudhury, Vice Chancellor, West Bengal State University
5. Prof. ParthRaha, Faculty of Film Studies, University of Calcutta,Former general secretary , Film Federation of India
6. Prof. Sougata Bhattacharyya, Film and Research officer, SRFTI Kolkata
7. Prof. Meghnadh Bhattacharya, Actor, director
8. Smt. Rokeya Roy, Netaji Subhas Open University
9. Dr.Sumanapal Bhikkhu, Editor of Nalanda(Buddhist, Cultural Journal)